Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Paper pies

Rachel and I made a pie today... it was a strawberry pie with apples.  We cut the pie to serve the three hungry people waiting to sample our baking skills, and in doing so she learned the concept of 1/3!  It was fun, we laughed together, and she was completely enthralled.

There are those who have frowned on our decision to home school our children, and I will be honest and say that there have been several challenging days thus far, and I'm sure there and plenty more to come.  But days like today remind me of the many benefits of homeschooling.  I taught my daughter a new concept, one that she will use throughout the rest of her life.  And we didn't just learn a math lesson... we made a memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOcsClsiPgs&feature=related (I used to sing this to Rachel when she was a baby, it's quite fitting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment