Thursday, August 25, 2011

"Train up a child..."


Last night, my oldest daughter was baptized! Rachel is 6 years old (she'll be 7 in November), and she was all smiles as she took on the precious name of Jesus. Her daddy performed the baptismal which made it even more special to us. Mom and Dad, as well as his parents and grandmother, were there. Rachel received the Holy Ghost last Sunday night, and she told us she was ready to be baptized and even explained it all to us (in her own way). So we know she understood. As I stood there watching, I was reminded of my own experience as a child of 4 (almost 5). My daddy baptized me, too. How precious these days are to me! To the congregation of WPPC, we were so honored to have shared this special time with you. WPPC will always be special to our family. It was on the back pew of that church that my husband proposed to me on a Christmas morning. We were married there, spent almost 8 years of our married life there, including the baby dedication services of our three girls. Rachel received the Holy Ghost there, as well. So, it was fitting for her to be baptized there. As a mother, I have been overwhelmed with emotions — just about every kind you could imagine. But none can compare to the feelings I have when I watch my children mature in the Lord. For my ever-growing list of mistakes as a new parent, it's nice to know I'm doing some things right every now and then. There is no doubt about it, instilling a love for the Truth is my greatest responsibility as a mother. In this I must not fail.

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully written..... LOVE YOU!!! :) The Tritsch family will always hold a special place in my heart and those who attend WPPC, you all will be greatly missed for sure but I know God has great big plans for you 5 at Greater Life!!! Always keep in touch, keep up the faith and continue raising/ training your girls and future children in the way they shall go... :) Luke 4:18-19
    Much LOVE <3
    T1ff@ny J@d€

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is one of the most precious pictures I have ever seen! What a testimony!

    Love Ya,

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You brought Rachel into the world on the day she was born. How sweet that her daddy administered her baptism when she was born again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have the words to express my heart but, like Jesus' mother, Mary, I'm keeping all of these things and pondering them in my heart . . . .

    ReplyDelete