Saturday, October 22, 2011

This 'n that...


It's hard to believe we are fast approaching our first month of being permanently moved to Greenville. The days are really flying by now, especially with homeschooling the girls on top of getting things all organized and settled after the move.

There's been so much going on at the church as well. How wonderful it was to see all the effort put into getting things nice and clean, including fresh paint and yard work, in preparation for my husband's instillation service last night. The church really came together and worked so hard to get everything done in time, they even repainted and decorated the Pastor's study! They created a bulletin board display of childhood and baby pics of us, as well as the girls. The reception and food were wonderful! Everything was perfect. I can't say thank you enough to all who worked tirelessly for two weeks, even in the evenings after working a full-time job! To the Colorado Baptist church family, I would also like to say a special thank you for all that you did for us, and for those of you who came and helped us celebrate. To all our friends and family who came last night, it was so wonderful to see you!! You all truly helped make last night so special, and we love each and every one of you. Mom T, I have NO IDEA what I would have done without all your help this week. Love you more than words can say, you have been such an angel to me. Thanks, Sis. Ellard, for bringing the delicious food, Ellie LOVED the cinnamon rolls! :) Thanks to Bro. and Sis. Whipple for taking us all out for breakfast this morning at Shoney's, what a treat! I am so delighted to have my wonderful parents with us this weekend. Can't wait to get to hear my Daddy preach tomorrow! This has truly been a great weekend.

Things have really come together the past few weeks, and I'm truly beginning to feel more at home here each day. I know it will take time for the aching in my heart I feel for the friends and family we left behind to subside, if it ever will. But times like this weekend help to remind me that we're not THAT far away. It helps to know that a simple 3 hour car ride is all that's between us.

Next up on the family agenda... birthdays! November is truly a celebration month for us. What with my birthday, followed by Jordan's, Rachel's and then my mother's birthday, then Thanksgiving, we celebrate all month long. :) And, my goodness... Christmas is just around the corner... peeking it's head around at me, with that knowing smile that I see every year... you know the look, "Haha! I snuck up on you yet again." Guess I better put on my ACME rocket boots the coyote loaned me... that is, if I remembered to pack them...

No comments:

Post a Comment